Dutch Apple Baby
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 3 other apples, seeded, cored, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
Carrot Orange Ice with Ginger & Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- Zest of ½ orange
- 1 cup (120 g) carrots, halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups (390 g) ice cubes
- Place olive oil, orange, zest, carrot, ginger and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Add ice to the container. Turn dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades.